A Leap into the World of Volunteering.
This is to one of the most “Satisfactory Job” I took up – the one which didn’t pay, which didn’t offer any perks such as Yummy Lunches, well equipped Gym, or Company Outings, or Appraisal once in a year. It was rather the one which made me work sometimes on Rainy Days, or under Scorching Sun. I was expected to be on foot most of the time, talk to the people I didn’t know about, and help them in every way I can. In return, I would get a smile and sense of contentment. This section highlights the most selfless deeds I ever did.
- First Day In “CRY” ( Medical Camp )
- A Team Always Wins Together ( Soccer Tournament )
- Together, We Are Stronger ( Community Drive )
- One Year With “CRY” ( Memories Unlimited )
- Towards Advanced Learning ( Trip To Museum )
- “CRY” – A Family, Away From Family ( Diwali Celebration )
- Of Becoming A Child Again ( Art And Craft Workshop )
I joined ‘CRY – an NGO for the welfare of child rights’ as a Volunteer. For almost a year and a half, I worked there in various capacities such as an event organizer, content creator, blog editor. By getting closer to these kids, working for them, teaching them something, listening to their dreams; everything can give anyone an immense sense of satisfaction.
So, I would say –
Start Where you are, Use what you have, Do what you can – be a Volunteer